Wednesday, October 29, 2008

GOD is LOVE, not Fear!

Last night, right after Choir rehearsal, someone gave my wife and me a piece of paper. A $1,000,000 note with the question on it: "Will you go to heaven when you die?" Daniel was the person speaking to me, another holy worker began talking to my wife. Daniel insisted that GOD was to fear. The judgment would be terrible, we were all sinners and not worthy. I answered that I could not worship a GOD that I had to fear. Because my GOD was full of love and very forgiving. GOD leads my life everyday and he does not let me fall in sin just to boost his ego (what a thought...). Daniel told me that his GOD was a GOD of wrath and jealousy. I answered that I had a problem to imagine any superior being, especially GOD, to have all these character flaws that he was describing after Jesus died for our sins and brought the message of love.

I told him that I communicate with GOD, try my best to keep his commandments and live in the light that GOD shines on me, my life and my mission. And I said that I would not trade GOD for his version with the flawed character who demands to be feared. GOD send Jesus to show his love. All we have to do is try to live according to his rules of love and forgiveness, try to walk in Jesus shoes as far as we can - which means to live our life in love and understanding for our fellow man:

[Romans 13:8 -11] Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

So, dear Daniel, Love is the fulfilling of the law. Not fear. And about your Bible quotes, please start with this one: [2Ti 2:15] Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

And to learn how to rightly divide the word of truth, please click here. Again, I thank you for our conversation in the name of GOD last night and I know that GOD has blessed you.

No comments: