Thursday, December 6, 2007

Senator Dianne Feinstein against Impeaching Bush and Cheney

When I answered several surveys of the Democratic Party two days ago, I wrote my comments about each subject they asked me to comment on from Impeachment of the leading criminals of this country to the illegal occupation of Iraq and the failed attack on Iran. And I wrote my opinion as always based on GOD's word, HIS commandments and following HIS voice in my heart. For those who already know my style it won't come as a surprise that I was abundantly clear in my answers to these surveys.

At least the Democratic Party has figured out that I fall under the column "progressive" and then some. So now I get the so called "activist" mails instead of the senseless answers I have received in the past when I wrote to an elected official, which did not even have anything to do with the subject I was writing about.

At least now someone makes sure that the prefabricated answers are related to the subject and actually address my concerns. The following letter came as an answer to my request to impeach Cheney and Bush. I agree with my favorite Talk Show hosts
Thom Hartmann and Randi Rhodes on Air America Radio (you can listen online. Just click on listen!) that there is something very strange about a Democrat who refuses to hold this administration accountable for their crimes.

Strange is also that the Democrats did not even attempt to fulfill the request of the voters who brought them back into power to stop the illegal occupation of Iraq, they did not reinstate our Constitution, Habeas Corpus is not even on the table, and now they want to let the criminals who shredded our constitution go free? Obviously. But why? Please read Senator Feinstein's argumentation and think about it. Why would someone let those criminals go free. Either you are involved in the crime or on a blackmail list or - what else is there?

Dear Dr. Hast:

Thank you for your letter concerning impeachment proceedings against President Bush. I appreciate the time you took to write and welcome the opportunity to respond.

In our recent elections, the American people expressed clear disapproval with the path this country was on. They are tired of partisan politics and of an Administration that pays little heed to the wishes of the American people. They want-and deserve-a Congress that holds the Administration accountable and fulfills its Constitutional responsibility to check and balance the Executive. I share this sentiment and am determined to work hard and across party lines in the United States Senate to promote issues that are of real concern to most Americans, including the situation in Iraq and Afghanistan, homeland security, global warming, and lobbying and election reform.

At this time, however, I believe that impeachment proceedings against President Bush will only divide the country even further, frustrating our hopes for a meaningful change in direction, while having little chance of success.

I have been deeply disappointed by many of this Administration's actions and have been outspoken in those instances. Nevertheless, given the challenges our country faces I believe that we need to focus on constructive and cooperative steps that would lead us in the right direction.

Again, thank you for your continued correspondence. If you have any further questions or comments, please contact my office in Washington, D.C. at (202) 224-3841. Best regards.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

Dear Senator Feinstein,
I strongly disagree. First we have to clean house before we can move on. America does not want to see the people go free who wasted Billions on a war and illegal occupation - in no way to related to 9-11, if I may remind you - just to benefit huge Corporations, literally gave our nation the finger and are allied with Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. They have shredded our Constitution, promote Torture, killed thousand of Americans for their Oil business and committed more crimes than I have room to mention here.


Please don't forget that Nixon resigned over a few bugs and recordings of his perceived enemies - while we - all of America - are currently being illegally wiretapped on an ongoing basis and that President Clinton had to endure impeachment proceedings for lying about a blowjob, not for killing thousands of Americans, and constantly breaking the law.

End the occupation, reinstate the constitution and bring the criminals to justice.

Oh, and by the way: I just saw a FEMA sign on TV and everybody there was very happy with their performance: In Malibu, California. Congratulations. New Orleans is still in shambles, but all we have to do is "follow the money"...


No comments: